The National Company of Civil Engineering and Building by abbreviation GCB is a company resulting from the restructuring of Sonatrach created on August 1, 1981 by presidential decree No. 81-173.
Erected as a joint-stock company since July 1998 with a share capital of 25,000,000,000 DZD;
GCB operates in the various civil engineering trades:
- Engineering & Procurement.
- Mechanical assembly and industrial maintenance.
- Steel construction and boiler making.
- Industrial civil engineering of large oil and gas installations.
- Large-scale earthmoving.
- Platforms for drilling rigs and access tracks.
- Achievements of roads and highways.
- Achievements of airstrips and aerodromes.
- Building & utilities.
- Railway civil works.
- Hydraulic works, transfers and desalination stations.
Today GCB is evolving in an environment characterized by a market looking for a turnkey company offering interesting opportunities given the new political orientations favoring national means.
The success of GCB is the result of the reflection and the implementation of a strategy of specialization and diversification by putting on its own a panel of activities in order to become an unbeatable partner in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) in Oil and Gas, water treatment and renewable energies.
GCB employs an average of 16,000 workers, spread as follows: